* The printer displays a jam error message, but there is no paper stuck.
* You have cleared a paper jam but the error message remains.
* Error messages “Jam C”, “Jam E”, “Jam F”, “Jam MP”, “Jam LC”, “Jam G”, “ADF Jam”.
* The paper keeps jamming.
* The printer is not picking up the paper.
* These models: AcuLaser C1100, CX11N, CX21N and all variants.
Error messages: if an error message remains after clearing a jam and closing the covers, then power the printer off and on again.
* If the error has now cleared, try printing again. You can also test the printer by printing a Status Sheet
* If the error does not clear, either there is still an obstruction or there is a problem with the printer.
“Jam MP E” error message: see below for specific points to check, if you keep receiving this error.
A bad paper jam, for instance where too much paper has been fed through at once, may cause parts to become misaligned or damaged.
1. Open the MP Tray and remove all the loaded paper.
2. Referring to Figure 3 below, check the position of the main paper pickup roller (1). Note the angle of the semi-circular white plastic guides (2) to either side of the central roller:
If your rollers are in a different position, you can try to rotate them. Push on the central roller or outer sections to rotate them in a clockwise direction:
Open Cover E:
* Check thoroughly for any foreign objects, paper fragments or evidence of damaged parts.
* Check the black plastic flap at the base of the section (marked ‘1’ in Figure below). It should be clipped into both sides of the printer, and you should be able to move the flap up and down:
Close all the covers, and power off the printer. Wait 10 seconds, then power it on again. Load a single sheet of plain paper and test the printer by attempting to print a You can also test the printer by printing a Status Sheet